Sunday, 18 November 2012

Digitally Sweet Challenge - #11

The challenge over at Digitally Sweet Challenge this week is "Trees & Leaves.

As I have just made a page to record a day out on Friday that consists of a lot of trees I thought I would make it my entry for this challenge.

 
It is a little difficult to see the top & right edges of the page as after selecting one of the photos to be my background paper I increased the transparency to make it fade & also softened the edges. 
 
I then chose 3 of the best tree photos I had taken & popped them into the frames that give them torn look edges.  The tree on the right is also the one I chose for the background.  Some leaves were found from a Daisy Trail kit & I repeated them down the left side after which I embossed them. I found a frame that went well with the theme & popped the photo of the entrance to Powis Castle in it.  I then embossed the frame to make it stand out more.  Having done that I decided the leaf border was lacking something so I changed its colour to match the frame - which brought it alive.  Then a plaque was created to hold the title, after which I increased the outline a little & changed its colour - completing by embossing just the edge.  Drop shadows were added to some of the items to make them pop off the page more.
 
I have more photos from this day out - so can see there being 2 or 3 more pages.
 
Thank you for popping in to look at my little blog space - please leave a comment - I like to "hear" what you have to say.

5 comments:

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty layout, love what you did with the distressed photos!!!

Ann Cutts said...

oh those torn edges really make the page. Just fantastic work. Thank so much for joining us at Digitally Sweet again - love to see your entries.
Ann xxx

Denise Pustelniak said...

Your LO is wonderful! Love those trees and I really love the torn edges! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

Dragonlady said...

Those torn edge frames are great. Lovely layout, thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet.

Hugs Ali x

Karen Wilson said...

I am loving the distressing on a digi LO! How cool! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week!!