Sunday, 25 November 2012

Digitally Sweet Challenge #12

Back in 2010 I gave myself a project to take a photo every day of the year.  Part way through the year I had a health problem & the challenge went by the wayside.  But I did get quite a few taken & I am gradually working my way through them to create scrapbook pages.   Now the challenge this week at Digitally Sweet Challenge blog has inspired me to create an overdue page from one of those photos. 

Their challenge this week - is a photo inspiration one & here it is .............

Hmm - interesting!  The inspiration can be the colour, the image or whatever this little fellow makes you think to do.

So after some thought & a search amongst my photos, here is my page for the challenge....


I took that photo on 28 February 2010 & later I will go back & add the date then file it in my Photo Per Day folder.  The digi kit I used is from Template Dreams, which is part of a site called Scrapable, the kit is called Falling Autumn, & is one of the kits I won for a recent Digitally Sweet Challenge (mentioned it yesterday). I converted the image into a punch & then used it to punch the shape from some dark material.  The embellishment to top left is meant to mimic the turkey tail.  A fun page that I created using Serif CAP - the package that I use for all my digital work.

I will be really pleased when I can manage to add that stitching line in a straight line.  I always seem to drop down at one edge.  Guess the magic word is - practice.

I think next year I will again try & take a photo a day on the days I couldn't in 2010 - the album would still be a year of photo taken just different years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please say hello.

4 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hello! you did such a GREAT job with the kit! We picked the same kit! Great LO! How did you shadow your turkey? Love the way you made it a place to journal. Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

sue-b said...

great page Gloria. xx

Ann Cutts said...

Hi Gloria what a great page - lucky you winning a fab prize too. I love the Template Dreams kits - she has a gorgeous Christmas new out - think it's at a special price too, but I may be wrong.
Love how you have used the punch - very clever. I used to have a problem with the straight lines - I solved it but I can't remember which key it is but I think it was a question of holding down the shift key while dragging the line. I know it's something like that.
Would check but I'm due at work soon and need a shower etc first.
Have a great day
Ann xxx

Karen Wilson said...

Wow!! This is cool! "Converted image into a punch" that is really neat!! Love what you did with this and congrats on your win. Don't you love her work!! Thanks so much for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week, can't wait to see more from you!