Tuesday, 18 December 2012

digitally sweet challenge - sketch

Hello! I found time for another challenge this evening.  This time at Digitally Sweet Challenges - where the theme is a sketch.

Here is the sketch

 
 
It is a lovely clean & simple design so I decided to make a card - well the front of it anyway.  Now that I have finished it I have decided I am going to save it for next Christmas - here it is
 
 
I created the card in Serif craft Artist (a 5x5 square), & just used a couple of random embellishments  & one piece of background paper from the many kits I have on my laptop.  The layers are made by creating shapes & filling them with colour which I "picked" from the photo.  The image is a Christmas decoration I made in the first year I lived here in North Wales - so 20 years ago this Christmas.  It comes out every Christmas & is one of my favourite decorations.  Believe it or not the base is a plaited black dustbin liner.  Then all the greenery & bits & bobs are wired into it.  The green ribbon is that papery florists ribbon & I actually stamped on it - a group of reindeer - the full length of the ribbon.  The photo was another one from the 2010 attempt to take a photo a day.
 
I rather like it & I think I really will keep it & use it for my 2013 Christmas Card.  That's forward planning isn't it.  All I have to do is remember that that is my decision.
 
Thank you for stopping by my little blog I do hope you enjoyed your visit & will call again.  Please leave a comment or just say "Hello".  It's nice to hear from you.
 

1 comment:

Denise Pustelniak said...

Lovely colors and what a fab job you did with sketch! You made the sentiment look like a clear stamp. AWESOME! Thanks for sharing it with us at Digitally Sweet!