Sunday, 2 December 2012

Digitally 'Sweet' Challenges #13 Buttons

Buttons!  That's quite a challenge from Digitally 'Sweet' Challenges blog this week so shall I make a page, a card, or something else.  In the end as I am still trying to create some more Christmas cards in different styles I went for a card.  A little different in its colour scheme as well- rather wintry - here it is....................


I produced it through Serif CAP using a digi kit from CaroLines called Christmas Patchwork Party  plus some buttons & ribbon from amongst the embellishments in my various digi kits.

The card has a white background which I edged with cross stitch then layered one of CaroLines background papers from the kit. Next I created a punch from  the shape tool & then punched the shape from the background paper.  When I added a drop shadow to the shape it has made it look like the shape is sitting on top of the background rather than being a hole in it.  I then created a design with Carolines patchwork shapes to create a sort of snowflake design & added buttons & ribbon & a greeting in a darker blue.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space I hope you have enjoyed your visit.  Please leave a comment or just say hello it is very much appreciated.

5 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

This BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you made this look like a shadow box card! Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

Ann Cutts said...

oh just fabulous love how you have used the patchwork - really clever - love it.
Ann xxx

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! Very very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet! Our new challenge is posted for this week!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card, well done :) Viv xx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great card, Gloria